Background material on this page contains information and links concerned with the educational systems in Sweden. Its main goal is to supply participants of our courses in Sweden with information for their preparation and for further work on the subject.
Skolverket, the Swedish National Agency for Education, offers on its website up-dated information on schools in Sweden (see under links).
Individualised learning in mixed ability groups in Sweden
in: Dimenäs, J. / Andresen, R. / Cruickshank, M. / Ojala, J. / Ratzki, A. (Hg.), Our Children - How can they succeed in school? A European Project about Mixed-Ability and Individualised Learning, Jyväskylä University Press, Jyväskylä 2006, p. 113-120
Reports from Swedish schools
in: Dimenäs, J. / Andresen, R. / Cruickshank, M. / Ojala, J. / Ratzki, A. (Hg.), Our Children - How can they succeed in school? A European Project about Mixed-Ability and Individualised Learning, Jyväskylä University Press, Jyväskylä 2006, p. 121-132
This is the website of the Comenius-2.1 project, the background of our European Courses. Under "Project Results" you find the reports of the school visits in Sweden which were part of the project.
Skolverket offers information abouts the agency and following information for download:
- The Swedish National Agency for Education – a presentation
- Curriculum for the Pre-School (Lpfö 98) – valid until June 30th, 2019
- Curriculum for the Pre-School (Lpfö18) – will take effect on July 1st, 2019
- Curriculum for the compulsory school, preschool class and school-age educare (revised 2018) – for the PDF-version please tick on "Ladda ner som PDF"
- Swedish Grades
- Curriculum for the upper secondary school
- The Swedish schoolsystem (map)
You are here: